From time-to-time I like to share our top ten or top 25 investments. In this installment I am also sharing the current Weiss rating. The purpose of this is five-fold:
- Because I try to help others invest wisely, I think it only fair to let them see how I invest.
- It is important to see that no single investment is more than 5% of the total investment mix.
- There is diversification across several sectors. I don’t concentrate our assets in just one sector.
- The top 25 generally fall into the “hold” (C), “buy” (B) or “strong buy” (A) categories according to Weiss’s current ratings. If the stock is rated B or better, I would generally want to buy more of this investment. A “C” investment is a hold, but I would only reinvest dividends if it made sense to do so. I am reinvesting Ford (ticker F) dividends.
- I like and invest in ETFs. My top ETF is VYM. However, I also invest in SCHD.